Bookmarked Helper Application ZECHEESELORD

Would you accept this application? Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 9, 2019
Canada
The time has come! Time for me to apply!
Good luck to me and all the other applicants!

First name: Harold
Minecraft username: ZECHEESELORD
Timezone: EST (GMT-5 for fancy people.)
Current time: 9:18 PM
Time most active (in your timezone): 7:30 am - 8:30 am, 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Any extra schedule information?: (like a job or school): School. In 12 days school will be over due to winter break, but I have to finish learning/reviewing derivatives in calc.

Questions:
Q: Why are you applying for our staff team?

A: I think I would be an excellent place to pursue a future in server management. I would like to be a helper because I do enjoy playing on Disastrous and I know I will be committed. I am willing to help the server in any way possible aiming to improve the quality of gameplay for everyone here.
As a mention, I own a somewhat active server (Cheeznet) so I have already have basic moderation skills and administration skills and I have the confidence to dish out appropriate punishments if needed.
I am generally chatty and have a great sense of humor and love to have conversations with players, make them laugh, etc. I am also good at answering members’ questions if possible and do the best I can for that member.

Q: What will you being a staff member helps improve?
A: The first thing that I would do is assist and help players on the server. I have a few ideas for the server in my mind, so if I ever get the ability to suggest them or implement them, I will.
I have intermediate experience in Java coding as the lead programmer for our robotics team. I also know some basics for coding and modifying Spigot plugins, so I could help in the future if there is any need. There are a few ideas that if I could implement I would do so which would benefit the community greatly.

Q: You see a fellow staff member breaking a rule. What do you do?
A: First I would try and get down to the bottom of the situation. If this “staff” is just Martyring it; in a sense just giving up, I would just do a nice /ban, or just a /pex user {Disgraceful staff name here} group set member (if you use /pex). If the staff is higher than me, there is nothing I can do other than record what they are doing and report them, hoping a higher-up will IP Ban them.

Q: You are unsure of the exact punishment you are supposed to execute upon a player. What do you do?
A: I will go to the rulebook and find out if I have not seen an infraction like that before, if it is not listed, I will take a mental note of what is, then dish out a punishment as I see fit. After, I would probably discord one of the higher-ups about it.

Q: A player has broken a rule that you do not have the ability to properly punish them for and there are no senior staff members online. What do you do?
A: If there are no perms for me to properly hand out punishments, then I will try and do everything in my power to punish them. If that doesn't work, I will just pop a message to a higher-up, and tell them what is going on.

Q: A friend has broken a rule and you do not want to punish them. What do you do?
A: I don’t have many friends that play Minecraft. They all play fortnite… Even though that is so, I see this as a scenario question. I would treat them the same as I treat other people, as friends of mine don't get preferential treatment.

Q: Have you ever been punished on this server? If so, what for and when? You cannot apply if it was within the last 14 days.
A: Nope. Never. Squeaky Clean.

Q: Is your Minecraft and forums accounts secure? Two-factor authentication, security questions, strong password, no one else has access, etc.
A: I have 2FA, Security questions, and my password is protected, (I changed it a week ago) No one has access to my account.

Q: What punishment do you use for someone who is advertising?
A: Lets see: For Accidental Advertising, I’ll do a /warn, and for malicious advertising, I will either Perm Mute or Perm Ban, Depending on the severity and the total infractions they have.

Q: What punishment do you use for someone who is pretending to be?
A: For one, Perm mute, since Impersonation is a scummy thing to do. If it’s a repeated infraction, Probably a Permanent Ban, though I would first go lenient on them since it's probably a power hungry 12 year old on the other side.

Q: What punishment do you use for someone who is on here our server simply to troll?
A: Seeing they are here to troll, We can warn them first, and if they didn’t heed their warning, we can hand out more severe punishments, including but not limited to: Perm Mute, Temp Ban, and Perm Ban. Another option is to troll them first We could use the hacker cage (If there is that), or just mess around with them, harmless fun!

Do you meet these requirements:

Ability to share evidence of rule breaking such as uploading screenshots/gifs uploaded to Gyazo or Imgur:
([Yes] or No)
Technically, I also record my gameplay most of the time, so I will also have video proof.

Do you have a definite understanding of the rules and punishments of our server?:
([Yes] or No)
Memorized them cover to cover. (Most of them)

Have you activated Two Factor Authentication on the forums?:
([Yes] or no) [Setup here: http://www.disastrous.network/account/security]
Been there, Done that.

Do you have an alternative means of communication?
([Yes] or No)
Discord: Harold#7132 Email: [email protected]

When did you first join the server?
Half a week ago. Love the factions, REALLY WANT Kitpvp and Prisons, If you need any help please do contact me.

What is your current play time? (use /playtime to find out)

5 hours, 45 min, 15 sec.